I’m sure many of you have heard the buzz about Social Media by now and thought “Is this right for me and my business?” or “That Social Media stuff is for teenagers” or how about “I’m gonna wait to see how it pans out” Well I wanted to offer this blog and help dispel some of those reasons and offer some insight on the importance of Social Media for your business. Below are 5 Reasons I have put together to help prove that point:
Top 5 Reasons your business should be involved in Social Media
- Social media allows you to go directly to your consumers:
- Unlike traditional media Social Media provides a direct outlet to your consumers allowing you the opportunity to engage in conversation, obtain feedback, provide industry news, and even counter pesky rumors or respond and alleviate a customer complaint
- You can show your brands true colors:
- Participation in social media shows the human side of your company. Consumers feel they can directly relate with your companies interests and they may look to you as an expert in your field.
- Increase your marketing reach:
- Add a Social media campaign to your existing marketing mix for a greater impact. With an effective Social Media campaign you have the potential to reach thousands, even tens of thousands of consumers. Social Media is fast becoming a standard element in the marketing mix of major consumer brands. Never before has such a creative landscape existed for people and the brands they love to interact, share stories and build relationships.
- Truly Understand your demographic:
- Think of Social Media as the ultimate focus group, but rather than a small segment of your demographic you have an entire community to gather “real time” data from. As well, you can now engage and interact directly through social media communication tools.
- ROI (Return on Investment)
- In a recent study by “King Fish Media” the most effective way to communicate with customers and prospective leads was the company website, while Social Media was ranked the 2nd. I recommend a combination of both for the most effective internet marketing campaign.
The worst thing you can do is nothing at all, or have the thought “I will just wait and see what happens” because I guarantee your competitors are online and active in Social Media, and the longer you “wait and see” the more market share they are taking from you.
Majority of business owners I come across say “Well I have a Facebook Fan page set up, so I’m involved in Social Media right?” Well, having a Twitter account or a Facebook Fan Page etc is not enough. You need to be active EVERDAY in Social Media. If you want to build a successful community, and most importantly have it help you increase your bottom line than you must be proactive rather than reactive.
I hope the above examples helped to show a need for getting started in Social Media. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions firstname.lastname@example.org also you can follow us at www.twitter.com/trevnetmedia for further updates.